Combine Visual Art Journal techniques with the art of drawing. Learn and apply your level of drawing skills using the mediums of ink, charcoal, watercolor crayons, and more!
Drawing: Visual Art Journal Course is part of Julie Shelton’s Visual Art Journal Series. The Drawing: Visual Art Journal Course will combine Visual Journal techniques with the art of drawing. Visual Art Journals are multimedia journals used primarily in art classes, but can be modified to create Connected Learning Experiences for courses other than art (English, science, history, etc). Instruction will be given on how to incorporate drawing elements to build strong layers and backgrounds for visual journal pages.
Start now to acquire supplies and journal fodder to prepare for the course!
Check out the Summer Drawing Challenge PDF to get those drawing skills warmed up!
- VISUAL JOURNAL Purchase a Mixed Media journal any size you want! ***ENCOURAGED: Use Visual Journal from INTRO JOURNAL course***
*98lb Mixed Media paper required*(*Each size presents its own challenges!)
- 9” x 12” or 11” x 14” HARDBOUND JOURNAL
- 4” x 6” HARDBOUND JOURNAL
- HOMEMADE OPTION - find an old book. Look up how to repurpose books on YouTube. Use Gesso to prep the pages for journaling.
- FIND YOUR FODDER: Gather old books, maps, phonebooks, scrapbook paper, magazine clippings, ticket stubs, stickers, drawings, photos…you name it…HAVE IT READY for our ONLINE CLASS! These items will be used for collaging and building your journal pages!
- GATHER/PURCHASE/ACQUIRE ART SUPPLIES
- Standard supplies are expected for use - scissors, glue, pencil & eraser
- I've compiled a list of course materials for your course at https://www.dickblick.com to make it easier for you to prepare for the Drawing Journals Course.
- To visit this list, please go to https://www.dickblick.com/lists/blicku/JBCFT2LF0745H/publicview/
- You may purchase additional items of your choice!
- We will be working with stencils, any stencils will do. The ones on the Blick List are just ideas/suggestions.
- Canson XL Media Journal is also just a suggestion.
You don't have to purchase your supplies from Blick.
You may purchase them wherever you wish!