Are you ready for to be challenged? Take your Visual Art Journal work to the next level by building upon skills learned in the Drawing: Visual Art Journal course. Challenge yourself by by creating more journal pages, explore various drawing mediums in depth, and more observational drawings done “in the field”.
Obtain credit for drawing while at The Peregrine Fund’s World Center for the Birds of Prey, at the Zoo, taking a hike, hanging out at the pool, or simply drawing from your back porch!
[photo by artist and instructor WILL KEMP ]
Start now to acquire supplies and journal fodder to prepare for the course!
Check out the Summer Drawing Challenge pdf to get those drawing skills warmed up!
- VISUAL JOURNAL Purchase a Mixed Media journal any size you want! ***ENCOURAGED: Use Visual Journal from INTRO JOURNAL course***
*98lb Mixed Media paper required*(*Each size presents its own challenges!)
- 9” x 12” or 11” x 14” HARDBOUND JOURNAL
- 4” x 6” HARDBOUND JOURNAL
- HOMEMADE OPTION - find an old book. Look up how to repurpose books on YouTube. Use Gesso to prep the pages for journaling.
- FIND YOUR FODDER: Gather old books, maps, phonebooks, scrapbook paper, magazine clippings, ticket stubs, stickers, drawings, photos…you name it…HAVE IT READY for our ONLINE CLASS! These items will be used for collaging and building your journal pages!
- GATHER/PURCHASE/ACQUIRE ART SUPPLIES
- Standard supplies are expected for use - scissors, glue, pencil & eraser
- I've compiled a list of course materials for your course at https://www.dickblick.com to make it easier for you to prepare for the Drawing Journals Course.
- To visit this list, please go to https://www.dickblick.com/lists/blicku/JBCFT2LF0745H/publicview/
- You may purchase additional items of your choice!
- We will be working with stencils, any stencils will do. The ones on the Blick List are just ideas/suggestions.
- Canson XL Media Journal is also just a suggestion.
You don't have to purchase your supplies from Blick.
You may purchase them wherever you wish!