Start now to acquire supplies and journal fodder to prepare for the course!
REQUIRED: VISUAL JOURNAL - Purchase a Mixed Media journal any size you want!
*98lb Mixed Media paper required*(*Each size presents its own challenges!)
- 9” x 12” or 11” x 14” HARDBOUND JOURNAL
- 4” x 6” HARDBOUND JOURNAL
- HOMEMADE OPTION #1 - find an old book. Look up how to repurpose books on YouTube. Use Gesso to prep the pages for journaling.
- HOMEMADE OPTION #2 - Acquire 1 - 12"x 18" Canson XL Mixed Media 98 lb 100 sheets pack. To create a book: - fold two pieces of 12"x 18"paper to create a section. Create as many sections as you want. Sews sections together or 3 Hole punch. Assemble w/metal rings. Use Chipboard or Matboard for front & back covers.
REQUIRED: FIND YOUR FODDER - Gather old books, maps, phonebooks, scrapbook paper, magazine clippings, ticket stubs, stickers, drawings, photos…you name it…HAVE IT READY for our ONLINE CLASS! These items will be used for collaging and building your journal pages!
GATHER/PURCHASE/ACQUIRE ART SUPPLIES
Standard supplies are expected for use - ruler, scissors, glue, pen, pencil & eraser
I've compiled a list of materials for the course (view list below):
- To view BLICK Supply List CLICK HERE
SOME THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND:
- You may purchase additional items of your choice!
- We will be working with stencils; any stencils will do. The ones on the listed are just ideas/suggestions.
- You don't have to purchase your supplies from any of my lists. Dig through your closet, your classroom, wherever to find what you need.
- You may purchase items wherever you wish!