Combine Visual Art Journal techniques with the art of Printmaking. Discover the art form of Printmaking and the various different types of printmaking such as Relief, Found Object, Gyotaku, Monoprinting and more!
Printmaking: Visual Art Journal Course is part of Julie Shelton’s Visual Art Journal Series. The Printmaking: Visual Art Journal Course will combine Visual Journal techniques with the art of printmaking. Visual Art Journals are multimedia journals used primarily in art classes, but can be modified to create Connected Learning Experiences for courses other than art (English, science, history, etc). Instruction will be given on how to incorporate printmaking techniques and processes to build strong layers and backgrounds for visual journal pages.
Start now to acquire supplies and journal fodder to prepare for the course!
REQUIRED: VISUAL JOURNAL - Purchase a Mixed Media journal any size you want!
***ENCOURAGED: Use Visual Journal from INTRO JOURNAL course***
*98lb Mixed Media paper required*(*Each size presents its own challenges!)
- 9” x 12” or 11” x 14” HARDBOUND JOURNAL
- 4” x 6” HARDBOUND JOURNAL
- HOMEMADE OPTION #1 - find an old book. Look up how to repurpose books on YouTube. Use Gesso to prep the pages for journaling.
- HOMEMADE OPTION #2 - Acquire 1 - 12"x 18" Canson XL Mixed Media 98 lb 100 sheets pack. To create a book: - fold two pieces of 12"x 18"paper to create a section. Create as many sections as you want. Sews sections together or 3 Hole punch. Assemble w/metal rings. Use Chipboard or Matboard for front & back covers.
REQUIRED: FIND YOUR FODDER - Gather old books, maps, phonebooks, scrapbook paper, magazine clippings, ticket stubs, stickers, drawings, photos…you name it…HAVE IT READY for our ONLINE CLASS! These items will be used for collaging and building your journal pages!
REQUIRED: FOUND OBJECTS - In this course we will be printing with found objects. Hunt for 10 objects you think could make an interesting print (cassette tapes, floppy disks, egg cartons, shoes, Lego blocks, etc.)
GATHER/PURCHASE/ACQUIRE ART SUPPLIES
Standard supplies are expected for use - ruler, scissors, glue, pen, pencil & eraser
I've compiled 3 lists of materials for the course (view lists below):
- To view AMAZON Supply List CLICK HERE
- To view BLICK Supply List CLICK HERE
- To view WALMART Supply List CLICK HERE
SOME THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND:
- You may purchase additional items of your choice!
- We will be working with stencils; any stencils will do. The ones on the listed are just ideas/suggestions.
- You don't have to purchase your supplies from any of my lists. Dig through your closet, your classroom, wherever to find what you need.
- You may purchase items wherever you wish!